I recently purchased the new Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Daily Facial Scrub ($9.99) after seeing it's bright and happy packaging on the end cap at my local Target. I'm happy to see more and more skincare products coming out to help address concerns other than acne and wrinkles. Youthful skin goes beyond just being clear and smooth. Dull, uneven skin, whether zit- and wrinkle-free, can make us look tired, harried, and unkempt, and make us feel just as self conscious about our appearance. No one wants to look sallow and sickly. And certainly, no one appreciates the ghosts of breakouts and lax sunscreen usage past.
We all want clear, radiant, even skin. For. Ever.
Yes to Grapefruit claims to help you achieve that, at least for the time being. (Not sure anyone is promising forever just yet). Grapefruit and lemon balm are the key ingredients that are supposed to help you achieve it. According to the packaging, the vitamin C and lycopene in grapefruit help naturally even skin tone, enhance luminosity, and promote smooth, soft skin, while lemon balm helps calm and repair damage.
So far, I'm pretty happy with my experience. I've only been using it for two weeks, and my skin does look brighter and feel smoother. Surely something I can attribute to the exfoliating properties in the scrub. I think my hyper-pigmentation is improving, but it's too early to tell. Plus, I also use other products that specifically help even skin tone, so I can't attribute improvement in that area to one product alone. But I have noticed that my skin looks more radiant than when I used Aveeno's Even Brighter face wash, which simply did not work well for me (it was too drying, which made my skin actually look tired, not radiant).
Here are a few things I've noticed while using Yes to Grapefruit that I think you might want to know:
- The exfoliating particles in the scrub are really fine and not overly scratchy. They feel less like sand paper and more like a gentle exfoliant.
- The particles feel like they dissolve a bit as the scrub suds up.
- It smells phenomenal (I love citrus smells). Clean. Fresh. Just a hint sweet.
- My skin feels clean without feeling dry after use - so it's not too harsh.
- Gentle enough for daily use (I use it once per day, but not on days I use my Clarisonic since I don't want to over exfoliate)
- It's paraben, petroleum and SLS free and cruelty free
- The price is fair: $9.99 for 4 oz
Have you seen the new Yes to Grapefruit line at your local stores? Have you been curious to try it out? What are your experiences with it? Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.