For my OG readers, you know I gleefully attend this event every year and you probably know what the show's all about. But for those of you who are new, here are my TMS posts from years past.
Date: March 18-19, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on both days
Location: Hyatt Regency, 9801 International Drive
Tickets: $45 for one-day pass or $60 for both days. Purchase here.
The Makeup Show is an education-centered trade show for beauty and fashion insiders at all levels (students included!). The two-day event brings artists together with brands and industry leaders to to inspire, educate and arm them with the resources they need to build their career. And yes, that includes trade show pricing to build your kit! All brands (more than 75 in total!) will be offering pro-discount rates of up to 60 percent. Attendees will get to network and learn from industry heavy hitters, offering an unparalleled line up of education and appearances from top beauty professionals for an experience unlike any other.
- New brands: New brands attending The Makeup show this year include Limelight by Alcone, Blinc Inc., VAMP FX, Earthborn Solutions, Bioderma, and MOO. That's on top of the more than 50 brands returning to the event (See complete exhibitor list).
- The Makeup Show Town Hall: Furthering its commitment to education, this new keynote brings together attendees, artists and experts for the purpose of engaging in conversation about the latest industry developments and hot topics.
- Play area: An area where pros can test and compare products to make an informed decision before purchasing and adding new items to their kit.
Featured keynote speakers:
- Reggie Wells -- "Mastering Makeup" -- Emmy-award-winning makeup artist and writer shares lessons learned from his 30-year career including steps to create the perfect face and how to craft the perfect look for any occasion.
- Eugenia Weston --"Master Class: Eyebrow Breakdown" -- The original brow guru shares her secrets (garnered over 40 years of brow mastery) for becoming a brow wizard, from basic brow color and design to advanced techniques.
- Jordan Liberty -- "Art and Influence" -- Learn about the background and passion that led Jordan to become a top name in makeup including favorite products and the importance of social media. Sponsored by NYX Professional Makeup.
- James Vincent --"Here's Where I am: Setting Your Own Success" -- Setting up a career in makeup is hard work. James joins a panel of successful artists to discuss how they got their careers off the ground.
- Roshar's -- "Artistry and Innovation" -- Roshar shares his story, spills his secrets and shows off the work that made him famous.
The event promises a beauty packed weekend. I can't wait to see everyone there! The Makeup Show is a pro-only event.