|This post contains affiliate and referral links.*|
Hi again! We're skipping product favorites this month in favor of a little reality check. After all, I test beauty products so that you don't have to, and sometimes not all of them work.
Life doesn't always drop unicorn magic in my lap. Statistically speaking, a few duds are bound to make their way into my product testing stash.
The way I see it, it's just as important to share those experiences with you, as it is to share the positive ones because:
- I want to keep you from spending your hard-earned money on a product that might not be the best fit for you
- How are you supposed to trust my reviews, if it seems like I love everything I try?
- This is a place where we can all learn from each other. So if something didn't work for me, maybe some of you have tips that would help improve my experience.
It's not about bashing a product or a brand. In fact, I love the brands I'm talking about today -- just not these specific products.
It's about sharing information and experiences and helping you make an informed decision that works best for your specific needs.
So with that in mind, here are five products I tried recently that I regret buying. Check out the list below for all the products mentioned and what I consider better alternatives in a similar price point.
Products mentioned + optional items that I think work better (because why would you want to buy a product I said I didn't like? I still included links to those in case you do -- I don't know your life):
- Stila Custom Contour Duo ($40) | Better option: Anastasia Beverly Hills Foundation Sticks ($25 each contour and highlight shades available
- Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes Liquid Liner ($20) | Better option: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner ($19)
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara ($23) | Better option: Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($22)
- Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue ($28) | Better: Mehron Touch-up Antishine ($11.50)
- Soap & Glory Sexy Motherpucker XL ($14) | Sorry, I don't have a better option for this. Suggestions welcome!
Like what you saw? Subscribe for more!
Join the ULTA Rewards program (free), get a $10 coupon!
Use ebates for added savings and cash back when you shop! (Get a $10 gift card when you sign up)
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "referral links" or “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item or sign up for a service, I will receive an affiliate commission or referral rewards. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”