|1. Assorted nail polishes | 2. Origins Great Start Gift Set ($58) | 3. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom perfume ($29.95) | 4. Spa Treatments | 5. Clarisonic Mia ($119)|
With that in mind, I put together a few beauty-related ideas that might help you tackle the Mother's Day gift task and can fit various budgets.
1. A little polish, a lot of fun.. Help mom keep her tips and toes looking fresh with a little mani-pedi date. Mom will get the pampering she deserves, and you can give her a nice relaxing hour on a budget. Mani-pedis vary in price, depending on where you go, but you can find services at various price points. Just make sure the place you pick is hygienic and safe. Make her gift even more special with a little mother-daughter bonding. Go with her and get your tips and toes done too! Help her mani-pedi last by giving her a few of her favorite nail polish colors as part of her gift. You can find some great quality options at the drugstore.
2. The gift of beautiful skin. If you're stumped for something new, consider replenishing some of her stand-by favorite skin care products. Lots of brands have great gift sets for Mother's Day, like the Great Starts value set by Origins shown above (includes Planstscripton anti-aging serum, eye cream, and Starting Over age-erasing moisturizer with mimosa for $58, a $98 value). You'll give her something she already loves and save her the trouble of having to get it herself. Or, you can always pick out something new to add to her skin care regimen. Think moisturizing masks, rosewater toners, or body oils. Just make sure they suit her skin type.
3. Fragrance: a tried and true stand by. Like skin care, fragrance can be a very personal experience. But if you know your mom well, then you'll probably be familiar with the scents she loves. Consider restocking her favorite perfume or finding a new option with similar notes to expand her horizons. My mom loves Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea fragrance. With the new variations the brand recently released, she may just find a new (but somewhat familiar) fragrance in her future. Plus, since scents have a funny way of attaching themselves to memories, you're mom will always remember you when she smells her new perfume. And best of all, you can find great options without breaking the bank. For example, the new Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom fragrance is only $30.
4. Well-deserved R&R. Mom does a lot for us, she deserves a little pampering. And a day of relaxation makes for a memorable gift. A gift certificate for a massage at a local spa, may be just what mom needs. If springing for a hot-stone massage is more than your wallet can muster, check out the rest of the spa menu. Neck and shoulder massages and facials might just carry a smaller price tag, while delivering similar relaxing results.
5. High-tech skincare. If you have a bigger budget and a beauty-loving mom, give her the gift of softer, younger-looking skin with a Clarisonic. This beauty gadget has a cult following for a reason and mom is sure to appreciate receiving it. She's gotta wash her face, right? You have a variety of options to give, starting with the Clarisonic Mia, which retails for $119. Plus, when you get it directly from Clarisonic, you can even have it engraved. If your mom already has a Clarisonic, set her up with a year's supply of replacement brushes. You can buy a 4-pack for $75 (it's like buy 3, get one free), and possibly even still have some money left over to take her out to get her nails done.
If none of these suggestions tickle your fancy, don't forget that Mother's Day is about showing mom some love and affection. You don't have to break the bank to make memories. Just make sure you spend some quality time with her and show her that you care.