This post is well over due. I've been meaning to write it up since the MAC Rebel dupe post, but it just hadn't materialized just yet. Oh well, better now than never, right?
By now you've probably heard quite a bit a bit about these polishes. I know I have -- and with good reason. These are absolutely great. If you're one of those people who thinks you can only get a good lipstick at the department store, it's time to check yourself and expand your horizons. There are quite a few wonderful lipsticks available in drugstore brands, and Milani is one of them.
The lipsticks in the Color Statement collection are a-m-a-z-i-n-g. And best of all, they're even more affordable than some of the great lipsticks available by other drugstore brands. I'm looking at you L'Oreal and Revlon. Don't get me wrong, I love those two brands lipsticks. Heck they've been the top dogs at the drugstore for a long time. All I'm saying, is they better watch out! We've got quite a few others inching into the spotlight.
Here's what you can expect from the Milani Color Statement line:
- An awesome price point at $5.49-6.49 (depending on where you find them)
- A fantastic color selection with 25 shades to choose from ranging from bold to neutral
- Amazing color pay off, enough to rival the department store brands
- A creamy formula that feels amazingly moisturizing and soft on your lips
- A sweet, fruity scent that reminds me of a Jolly Rancher
- They have the staying power you can expect from a lipstick. It'll stick around for a while, but you definitely need to reapply if you'll be eating or drinking (or even after a long day of wear)
While I was at CVS about a month ago, I picked up two colors during a BOGO 50% off sale: Uptown Mauve (a violet mauve cream) and Rose Hip (a hot pink cream - of course, right?). I'm extremely pleased with these two colors and how amazing they look and feel on my lips. Check out my swatches below.
These colors have me totally wanting more. I can't wait for another sales so I can also pick up Rose Amour, Violet Volt, Flirty Fuchsia, and Red Label (just to name a few). Oh and by the way, I hear that Uptown Mauve isn't the only dupe for high-end colors out there, Rose Hip might also be a dupe for a MAC color (more on that once I compare and verify) and that there may be even more. That's got this girl quite curious. Stay tuned because as soon as I find them and have the pics to show you the similarities, I'll definitely share them with you!
Have any of you used the Milani Color Statement lipsticks? Do you love them too? Which colors are your favorites? And have you found any dupes for high-end brands? Tell me all about it!